‘A university should be a place of light, of liberty and of learning', Benjamin Disraeli.
When we choose a university we make one of the biggest decisions in life, a decision that will shape our career, fuel our interests and enable us to become professionals.
With advanced technologies and emerging job markets gaining traction, several programmes sound very similar to one another. We need to carefully review the curriculum and academic options before shortlisting our preferences. And one needs to be confident of the subject chosen as it will define one's career path. From academic excellence and support to co-curricular activities, research and development infrastructure, work placements – a lot of factors determine our choice of university. Make sure you find the right academic advisor, do your research and gain experience in various fields to help you understand where your interest lies.
Here are 10 reasons why you should choose to study at Nitte:
Nitte (Deemed to be University) is one of the best Universities in Karnataka and we try to provide the right mix to our students. This includes a strong course structure, excellent infrastructure, hostel facilities, vibrant placement cell, extra-curricular activities, social responsibilities and more that will help mould students into successful individuals.
- The syllabus of a course is the most essential part. Before choosing a college you must thoroughly read the course structure. Nitte (Deemed to be University) is one of the top universities in India. It comprises 8 colleges that offer an excellent course structure in Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nursing, Physiotherapy, Biomedical Science, Architecture and Mass Communication.
- At Nitte, we take care of the essentials for you, so you can study without any worries. Furnished accommodation at the Hostel, vegetarian and non-vegetarian menu, college bus facility and free medical and dental treatments are some of the advantages for a student at Nitte (Deemed to be University).
- Workout or play indoor games like Table Tennis, Chess or Carrom to stay physically and mentally fit. Foster your hidden talents and give wings to innovative ideas at our clubs. We create a balance between education and the overall growth of our students through invigorating activities and events like the Nitte Marathon, Nitte International Film Festival, TedX Nitte, etc.
- At Nitte (Deemed to be University), we will help you get industry ready and train you for the real world. Our objective is to develop competent individuals who are equipped to blend into the organizational environment while adapting with confidence into a new turf of competitive roles and challenging projects.
- Alumni are an institution's greatest ambassadors. Both within the country and abroad, Nitte alumni have made a mark for themselves wherever they are, they have always taken pride in remaining in touch with their alma mater. We at Nitte have always taken pride in the healthy relations maintained with our alumni, who in turn have lent a helping hand with placements and internships.
- Nitte offers its students more than just quality education. In the time students spend with us, we try and instill in them a social conscience. We have 21 rural health centres across 5 districts and 2 states, where patients are treated free of cost for minor ailments and are referred to the multispecialty hospital at Deralakatte for further treatment, if necessary. Nitte has also been very proactive whenever the country has been in need. Whether it is natural calamities like floods, earthquakes or the ongoing COVID pandemic, we have always risen to the occasion and have done whatever we could, monetarily and otherwise.
- Nitte (Deemed to be University) is dedicated to creating and preserving an environment where students, teachers,
and non-teachers can work together in an atmosphere free of harassment, bullying, abuse,
discrimination and stress. This involves all instances of gender-based violence, sexual harassment and discrimination focused on sex/gender or between members of the same sex. Student support programs such as the student welfare cell, placement & guidance cell and women's wing address the academic and psychological needs of students.
- Nitte (Deemed to be University) has a set of qualified and talented faculty. Nitte also appoints Adjunct faculty to teach, advise,
collaborate and participate in multidisciplinary research projects.
- Nitte (Deemed to be University) is one of the best universities in Karnataka also because of the recognitions received. Nitte (Deemed to be University) has been conferred with the Category ‘A’ status from the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956.
Nitte (Deemed to be University) ranks 70th among 907 Universities in the nation (NIRF rankings 2019) Improved
rankings by 7 places from 77th position in 2018.
Nitte (Deemed to be University) has been placed in the top 25 in Teaching, Learning, and Resources and Top 15 in Outreach and Inclusive parameters.
For the past three years, Nitte (Deemed to be University) has been among the top 100 Universities in India
Nitte Gulabi Shetty Memorial Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences (NGSMIPS) is ranked 33rd in the discipline of Pharmacy among 1952 pharmacy colleges in the country. NMAM Institute of Technology, Nitte is ranked 128 in the discipline of engineering among 10,400 engineering Institutions in India.
Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology, Yelahanka, Bengaluru is ranked 142nd by NIRF among 10,400 Institutions in India. All professional and technical programs are recognized by relevant Statutory Councils.